Friday, May 28, 2010

When life hands you lemons....

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind! My freshman year is FINALLY wrapping up, as is my stay in Milledgeville. I'm so grateful for this! I'm slowly but surely getting everything squared away for Athens this fall, and have submitted all my stuff to Gainesville. I'm currently on the front porch, before the sweltering summer heat hits. The roomies are still asleep (thank goodness!), as it was a wild night last night. I'm drinking great Jittery Joe's and listening to Drive- By Truckers (who is thankfully returning to their hometown of Athens this fall!). Life is going so good. God has truly blessed me with the best friends and family on the Earth. My finances have hit rock bottom this semester, but thanks to wonderful people, all is stable again. This weekend will be spent in Griffin (oh joy). Tonight, my great friends Brittany, Sport, Victoria, and Brian graduate from Spalding, tomorrow my great friend from Work Crew at Frontier, Elizabeth Grace, walks the stage, lunch with Valerie and Callie, then Sunday, lunch with the family for my Birthday (I don't feel 19!), then to Athens for dinner with Elizabeth Grace, Meagan, and Logan! So excited! A lesson I've learned this semester, is when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. This semester has been a hell. Not to say I haven't done my fair share of raising cain, but I've grown up a lot. I'm thankful for this semester. Please keep the Flukers and my great friend Troy in your prayers as they are at Frontier Ranch for the summer! Also, keep all my friends who just graduated in mind as they have their graduation trips (their first freedom!). I'm off to do laundry and clean, then driving to GTown. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment