Monday, March 1, 2010

RENT! and a Bad Weekend at Pine Top

This past weekend was full of ups and downs. Friday night, my friend Wes, who goes to GCSU and I went to a Kappa Sigma party in downtown Milledgeville, then went back to his dorm and listened to Widespread Panic and Phish for a few hours while catching up on high school memories. Saturday, I had the luxury to attend GCSU's production of RENT! with a few friends from Griffin. We had a blast, and it was especially good to see my buddy Jordan Hale who went to high school with me as the lead role!!! The cast did a fabulous job, and the musical was a complete success. Sunday I had the pleasure of once again going to my dear friends' the Thompson's farm in Milledgeville to teach Ellie a riding lesson and to eat dinner.

On a sad note, my friend Rebecca Howard (a future Canadian World Equestrian Games hopeful) took a nasty fall yesterday at Pine Top. Her experienced horse, Roquefort (Rocky to his friends) hit a gate, and they took a rotational fall. Rebecca suffered mulitiple broken ribs and a semi- collapsed lung. She is well and concious in ICU in Charlotte, and with family. The horse was unscraped. Keep the Howards in your thoughts and prayers,and hopefully Rebecca will be back eventing soon to persue her goal of riding in WEG '10!

No comments:

Post a Comment