Sunday, March 14, 2010

Stressful Few Weeks, Onto Exams and Spring Break!

So to start off, school sucks. I'm actually studying, but college is hard. My grades are decent, but I'm earning them. So I have 3 exams this week: Sociology and PoliSci on Tuesday and Religion Wednesday. Studying hard. I need the A's. Hopefully my hard work will pay off, and I'll get into either Ole Miss or College of Charleston. Fingers crossed.
On the downward note- even though I've moved rooms,all my cash was stolen this morning. I got up and went to church; came back and was hanging out with a guy I considered a "buddy" in my room. I got up to go use the facilities, and left my billfold in my desk drawer- came back, and paid no attention. He left, and I went to downtown Millyvegas to eat lunch with a buddy, to realize all $37 I had was gone. Fortunatly, I have great friends who paid for lunch and coffee. My new "family" here in Baldwin Co., the Thompsons gave me enough cash to get me through the week. Why are people so ignorant? But as Slate said tonight- I really don't need it anyway... I guess he's right.
So to sum up, I've learned a lesson- after having an iPod and some money stolen, all my stuff is being locked up for safe keeping. I'm a bit paranoid now. But I've got to keep a decent attitude- spring break starts Wed. after my last exam! I'm going to Griffin for a few days to get some rest, earn some money, pick up my Volvo, ride my Irish horse, and visit my favorite labrador. Then I'm off on a South Carolina roadtrip to Aiken to visit Lara Chance and Jennie Brannigan, and then to Greenville to visit my buddy John Armstrong who worked with me at Young Life camp this past summer. So hopefully after some Carolina lovin' I'll go to Athens for a last hurrah, then back to hit the books in Millyvegas.
By the way- Bonnaroo is going to be amazing this year, Dave Matthews is playing, and I'm volunteering. Its gonna be legit! Oh, and I've been listening to old Phish, and I'm really feeling it!


Good luck to everyone eventing at Poplar Place and Southern Pines this weekend! Congrats to Lara for winning Full Gallop!

1 comment:

  1. OK SAM here is the deal .........get a 3.0 this semester and you get 50 bucks from me. that is a big $13 dollars more that you had stolen.....little motivation PLUS a lunch on me .......your choice .

    study hard slate

    ReplyDelete