Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Giving Credit, Where Credit is Due

So this morning was a bit of a nightmare- once again locked myself out of my dorm, got into an argument with my roomate, and forgot my coat, so got SOAKED on the way to class. Due to all these issues, I figured I'd better make a list of 5 things that I'm thankful for.
1) My Heavenly Father who puts up with my crap night and day, and yet still loves me.
2) My family and friends, who still haven't given up on me, despite ALL the things I have managed to do wrong in the past 18 years.
3) My work crew. This group of some 30ish friends have been with me when I laughed and when I cried. I am so thankful that God put me with ya'll!
4) For Young Life- this organization brought the Lord into my life when I thought nothing could. Through Young Life, I have found friends that will last a lifetime, and have seen places I never thought I'd see.
5) Music- music is not only one of my favorite things in this life, but it also is a safe haven for me. No matter what the mood, there's some kind of music for me.

I hope we all can remember what we appreciate. I'll be the first to say I take for granted much of what I have, but this month in Milledgeville has made me appreciate many things, and has made me realize how much I DO take for granted.

1 comment: