Sunday, April 11, 2010

Being Grown Up Isn't Fun

This week has been a living hell. I moved back into my dorm at military school on Wednesday, and things started out bad. I wasn't allowed to attend church on Wednesday night, and classes began Thursday. Classes aren't bad, and I did get to sneak away with Wes to GCSU's Battle of the Bands, which wasn't half bad for a bunch of rookie musicians. Friday was the worst day I've had in a LONG time, and definitely the worst I've had since moving to Milledgeville. After class on Friday morning, an officer in the Army who is paid to work at GMC and be a drill sergeant, said some things to me that I really took to heart. I cried for the first time in weeks, and that was just the start. I had a few detention hours to work off (detention in college. really is this a joke?!), so I went outside in class A uniform- a long sleeved oxford, tie, wool pants, and patent leather shoes. Not realizing how humid it was outside, I was quite dehydrated, and paid for it. I then made the mistake of locking my knees in formation, resulting in me passing out, and receiving 10 more hours for "physical cowardice." After this episode, I then had a few more hours to finish (not including the newly implemented ones, mind you), a few guys were cutting up, which ended up making us do pushups first on the asphalt which was scorching, then on gravel that had glass in it. I cut my wrist on a piece of glass; at that point, I was done. I had reached the end of my rope.
To make a long story short, I am doing everything in my power tomorrow to get out of this cadet program. Milledgeville is growing on me, but this school continues to try my patience big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment