Monday, April 19, 2010

Cold Day in July (well almost!)

Today in Milledgeville, its COLD! It's almost May and its barely 60 degrees! Moving on (I'm in the library because shorts and a tshirt are too cold to be outside in right now), things are truly coming around. I just got back to my favorite college town from Griffin where I spent the night. I got to wrangle at SharpTop this weekend with my friend Lauren (who also lives in Millyvegas!) for a group of families from Atlanta and Athens, and had a blast! Despite my car pitching an absolute temper tantrum on Friday night that ended in me sitting beside I-75 for a while, things were great. I drove back to Griffin yesterday morning, spent the day with friends and my sister, got some Algebra help from Mrs. Dee (my lifesaver for 7 years now. She gets major kudos for putting up with me for this long!) and then ate dinner with my parents. It was great to see my dogs and do some laundry.
Back to school- I've found a place to live, a friend from church has an empty room in his apartment that is already furnished that he is kindly letting me use until my semester is over, then its really party time! I'll head to Atlanta for a Passion Pit concert, then to BONNAROO!!! To cap off my summer, I've agreed to work for Camp Country Lad, in TN, where I attended as a kid as a counselor (I'm psyched!).
So this week will be full of Algebra, English, and Freshman Experience classes, church on Wednesday and Thursday, going to see a buddy's band on Thursday night, and possibly Athens this weekend for a Perpetual Groove concert, Relay for Life, and the Athens Twilight Cycling Race! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment