Thursday, April 15, 2010

Homeless and Happy

Being an actual person is wonderful. Taking Back Sunday has a song that says, "what does it feel like to be a ghost." This is how I felt DAILy in Milledgeville wearing that stupid uniform. I've earned a new life, simply by stepping up to the plate and leaving ROTC. I've crashed at 3 different people's apartments on 3 different nights, another tonight, but strangely enough, while most would be freaking out over not having a "permanent residence," I'm thrilled to be able to live again. Being able to be Sam again, not Johnston, not William, not kid, not you, but Sam, makes my day! I leave for another weekend at Sharp Top Cove tomorrow, and I'm very excited to see not only what God does for these kids I'll be serving, but also what he has in store for me! As I sit on the GCSU lawn, listen to Dave Matthews, and soak up some rays and write this random blog, I am for once happy and content. No I may not have tons of money, or a guaranteed bed tonight, but I know God has put me here for a reason, and for that, I can't complain. This morning, after class, was spent job hunting, I've applied 10 places, and have a possible home. For this I'm thankful, and hopeful! I'm reading A River Runs Through It; and in it the Reverend says, "the Lord has blessed us all today... it's just that he has been particularly good to me." I know this is quite selfish, however, I really think God has had a say in my week, and I'm grateful. Please pray for the kids who will be attending STC this weekend, that God will change their lives, just as he has changed mine! Below is a picture of the lawn today, a green wonderland!

No comments:

Post a Comment