Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring has Sprung, Changes are Being Made

I'm writing this from my parent's house in Griffin. Its been a whirlwind few weeks, spring break has been fun, and now its time to buckle down again. I came home 3 weeks ago to Griffin, spent a few days with the family, and then went to Athens for a fun 4 days with friends. I stayed with my great friend Molly, and got to let loose for a few days. We did dinners, downtown, ΣN and KΣ parties, and had a blast. I had the opportunity to go to a ΣK philanthropy function Sunday night (watching the Office on a big screen on the back lawn, and eating dinner for Relay for Life) with my friend Callie Walker, who also went downtown with me. I got to see my buddies Will and Nathan as well as my close high school friends Brett and Sarah. The weekend was definitely worth the short drive to Clark County.
I drove back to Milledgeville on Sunday night, spent the night with my friends, The Thompson family, and then headed home to Griffin on Monday. While I had been home the week before, I began stripping the tile out of a bathroom at my parent's house, so I finished that up, and then packed for a trip to one of my favorite cities in America, Charleston. I drove to Charleston, SC (or Chas, as the locals call it) on Tuesday morning, and after a long trip, finally arrived. I ate dinner with the Thompsons, who had driven up the day before, at Hank's Seafood Restaurant, and then got a hotel room. The food at the restaurant was superb, and just the perfect way to kick off a great week.
Wednesday involved sleeping late, and then my venture downtown to begin my acquaintance with the College of Charleston. CofC sits in the middle of the historic district and covers a few blocks. It was love at first sight for me, and I immediately wanted to transfer to this school for fall. I browsed the campus for a few hours on my own, then took a guided tour. The campus is just what I'm looking for, big but not too large, small classes, a key location, and best of all, a great campus life. I ate dinner that night at Poe's Tavern on Sullivan's Island (right outside of downtown Chas) and had the best fish tacos I've ever consumed. I then crashed at my hotel so I could hold the next day's worth.

Thursday was eventful. I met with Admissions and Financial Aid counselors from CofC, as well as went to the beach (Isle of Palms). I browsed a bit downtown, and got more immersed in the CofC campus. Thursday night included a great dinner at Red's Icehouse on Sullivan's Island (best fried shrimp). This place was legit. I got the pleasure of eating, and being able to watch the shrimp boats come into the port, so cool. I then returned to my hotel, and packed for my journey back to GA.
Friday morning, I left the hotel, and went to the beach on Sullivan's Island, then proceeded to get into my car, and drive.
Easter was today, and it was good. Emma and I took a separate car than the parentals and drove to Thomaston after church. We spent our day with our grandparents and then drove back home. I have 4 days left of break. Time to live it up. In the words of Max from Where the Wild Things are, "Let the wild rumpus begin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment