Monday, April 12, 2010

The Great Escape- Literallyyy

Today I dropped out of GMC's cadet corps. I am now officially a commuter student! I have dropped down to 12 hours this quarter so I can get a job. I'm currently homeless, but I'll manage, the Lord never puts us in situations we can't handle. I'm going job shopping tomorrow before and after classes, so fingers are crossed. God has put me in Milledgeville for a reason, and I really do hope I can find some way to serve Him. I am attending St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, where they have a college youth group, and have met great people. This group took me in with open arms, and I'm so grateful the Lord put me in this church family. I'm currently being a moocher, sitting at a table with an orange umbrella, drinking free water and using the wireless at Milledgeville's new Jittery Joe's coffee franchise (the BEST coffee from Athens!), I'm praying hard, and doing my best to not get discouraged, or get too sick from the pollen. I know money is going to be extremely tight, but I'm going to grow up fast, and learn how to manage my money. As overwhelming as today has been, I'm still confident that God is pushing me to stay here in Milledgeville for the fall at GCSU, and I'm growing more and more excited about what this new venture has in store!
On a side note, I'm listening to a weird mixture of music, mostly the Grateful Dead and Allman Brothers, with a weird mix of new electronica thrown in: Passion Pit, STS9, and Pretty Lights are blowing up my car radio and my headphones! Also, congrats to my old riding instructor, Nick Cwick, who rode my horse Beni at Chattahoochee Hills this past weekend and finished a stunning 3rd place in a field of over 20 horses! Yay Nick and Beni!
So it's now time to go review my Algebra homework (eeeewwwww), and to go drive across town to a prospective job spot. Please keep me in your prayers. I'm living my life to the fullest, and leaning on the Lord. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment